BBusSci (Hons), CFA, HDip Tax
Daniel joined RMB’s Infrastructure Finance team in November 2010, having previously worked at Standard Bank for over 8 years, where he concentrated on process, power, oil and gas opportunities, and was also exposed to the telecoms, infrastructure and mining sectors.
At RMB, he covers mainly the power sector (both conventional and renewable energy), and has acted as MLA in respect of senior debt, mezzanine finance, and preference share funding, at both project company and shareholder levels.
As a Senior Transactor, Daniel has led and closed the following transactions:
- 75MW Lesedi and 75MW Letsatsi solar PV plants in South Africa (each ZAR 2.5bn);
- Abengoa’s ZAR 7.8bn Kaxu CSP trough project in South Africa;
- ZAR 2.3bn 96MW Jasper solar PV plant in South Africa;
- Abengoa’s ZAR 10.2bn Xina CSP trough project in South Africa;
- US$900m 459MW Azura-Edo IPP gas-fired power plant in Nigeria;
- US$550m 200MW Amandi gas-fired power plant in Ghana;
- ZAR4.5bn 140MW Roggeveld Wind Power project in South Africa;
- Preference share funder (ZAR235m) to Built Africa Holdings to enable monetisation of its shareholding in a Solar PV project in South Africa; and
- Financial Advisor to the Borrower and Sponsors of the Beitbridge Border Post rehabilitation project (US$ 300m) in Zimbabwe (ongoing).