September 16, 2019 In
Plenary: Industry forum: Main sponsors of Windaba discuss pertinent questions for the Industry: Job creation and local manufacturing: What can be unlocked in the SADC if 18 GW is built by 2030?
Chair: Lumkile Mondi, Senior Lecturer, University of Witwatersrand (WITS)
- Janek Winand, Managing Director, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (Pty) Ltd
- Mary Quaney, Finance Director, Mainstream Renewable Power
- Javier Pascual, Managing Director, Nordex Energy Malte Meyer, Director Business Development, Vestas Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd
- Allan Palmer, Country Sales Manager, ENERCON
- Advocate Sandra Coetzee, Acting Head, Independent Power Producers Office (IPP Office)
- Where will the lowering of prices for wind power settle internationally and locally?
- What progress is being made to move away from government guarantees yet achieve bankability?
- Will the stellar progress in off-shore wind play a role in the SADC?
- What trends are emerging around storage, digitilisation and increased availability factors?
- Representatives of two If pace allows 2 SADC countries to give a status update on their countries in terms of status, potential, regulatory framework and biggest challenges that multi-lateral collaboration can address – perhaps (Mozambique and Zambia?)