The South African Wind Energy Association (SAWEA) is the industry organisation representing the wind energy sector in South Africa. Our members include both national and international entities active in the entire wind energy supply chain.
Our Aims Are:
- to promote the sustainable use of commercial wind energy in South Africa;
- to contribute knowledge and human resources to the streamlining of the policy and regulatory framework for wind in SA;
- to facilitate synergy between the growth of the industry and the achievement of the broader socio-economic aims of Government (including training, job creation and localisation);
- to disseminate information;
- to act as a focal point for discussion between members, government, the media and the public.
WINDaba is South Africa’s official annual wind energy stakeholder engagement platform. The event is hosted by the South African Wind Energy Association (SAWEA) in proud partnership with the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC). The Conference and Exhibition takes place annually at the world-class Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC).